Subscribe Us

header ads

Four Injured As Gas Explodes In Lagos



A gas explosion at Ijaiye beside the Apostolic Church in the Agege area of Lagos State has injured four persons, three females and one male.

According to a statement by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), a shop where gas cylinders were stored caught fire.


It said that investigations revealed that one of the gas cylinders got exploded as a result of gas leakage and in the process caught fire, affecting the shop whilst other shops and adjoining buildings were salvaged.



The statement also confirmed that no lives were lost.

Another victim of the Lagos fire incident being attended to by medics in an ambulance.

After being attended to by the Agency’s pre-hospital care, alongside LASAMBUS, the injured victims were said to have been moved to Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH).


LASEMA said the inferno has been completely put out by the combined effort of LASEMA LRT, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service and a post-incident assessment was conducted by the  Agency’s LRT alongside LASG Fire.


It added that the shop has been cordoned off to avert a secondary incident.


Post a Comment

0 Comments